Saturday, July 3, 2010

Tinchilla Instant Beer Cooler


I found this product on the website of North London based, family-owned and operated business Cyber Candy. This is in the same theme as my last post because like every other summer I’m spending a lot of time this July worrying about how to keep my beer cold while I’m outside. I tried out the cooler tip I posted yesterday and it worked great. This looks like a great solution if you only need to chill your brews one can at a time.

Tinchilla can cooler

The website says it will cool off your beer to nearly 35 degrees in a mere sixty seconds by quickly spinning the can against ice. I found a customer review that allayed my deepest fear about the product, that it would shake the can to a point where it exploded in my face when I opened it. I don’t know how it is possible but apparently this customer didn’t have any issue with that. I also figure that if it were a problem it would have shown up somewhere in the consumer reviews that I checked out.

The one big downside is that the Tinchilla is currently out of stock. The Cyber Candy website said it is pretty common to for them to run out of things but that they usually have their products available again after eight weeks. I’ll be watching their website pretty closely for when these dandy little things are on the shelves again and I’ll let you know when it happens.

In lieu of the Tinchilla being available for purchase I found an alternate product, the Cooper Cooler. It is the same basic idea as the Tinchilla but larger so it works for beer bottles and wine bottles as well. I found prices for the Cooper Cooler varying from as much $90 to as cheap as $49 on Amazon. Yes, it does more, but the Tinchilla is priced a little more reasonably at £9.99, roughly $15.00 in US Dollars. Also, like the Tinchilla it doesn't shake the beer while it spins it. Their website has a video that shows a deomstation where a can is pulled directly from the Cooper Cooler and opened with absolutly no overflow.

I also found an alternative to the Cooper Cooler made by the same people called the Blitz Chiller that is made specifically for cans and bottles, not for wine. The price is also a little bit easier to stomach - $39.99 on Amazon.

I’m pretty excited to get my hands on a Tinchilla as soon as possible but would be more than willing to take a more expensive Cooper Cooler or Blitz Chiller. That is, of course, if you’re interested in getting a gift for your favorite beer blogger.

2 comments:

  1. Hm. The Blitz Chiller seems like a waste of money to me. In 5 minutes you can get many beers under 36 degrees FOR FREE if you don't need to purchase ice or salt. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riMqzcuCdfY&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post about beer cooler. Thank for share it here.
    good beer fridge 2017

    ReplyDelete