Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fourth of July Beers


I’m usually a pretty big fan of various imported beers but in honor of Independence Day I thought it would be appropriate to put up a link to a story posted last year on WashingtonCityPaper.com. The article gives a few American alternatives to popular imports. I’m not too familiar with most of their suggestions outside of Sierra Nevada’s Summerfest, which I agree is a great alternative to Heineken or Stella Artois. That one isn’t just a good replacement because of patriotism but in my mind it is just a better beer.

If you have a suggestion for a good American beer to replace an import for the fourth of July then please let me know and I’ll share it with everyone.

Okay, one more link from last year. This one comes to us from the website Brian’s Belly. This site usually has posts all about beer, guy movies, and food. Last year there was a post titled Two Six-Packs of Truly American Beers for the Fourth of July. The post is about as self-explanatory as possible, he just lists out twelve different American beers he thinks would be appropriate for drinking for the Fourth.

No comments:

Post a Comment