Friday, November 12, 2010

I'm BAAACKK!!!!

It has been far too long. Nearly a month has gone by since I decided to put the blog on hiatus and simply enjoy myself on my incredible beer trip. I was spending far too much time writing a blog about my trip and not nearly enough going out and enjoying myself in these amazing towns I stopped in. It’s going to make for better articles in the long run because instead of hunkering down in a hotel room to write a

(the picture is of my friend Alyse at Rahr Brewing in Fort Worth where she got to sign a burbon barrel)

new post I went out to bars and brewpubs to talk to people about their local beers. No worries though, I was taking copious notes at each tour and recording every interview so I have more than enough information to work for each post about a brewery visit.

Just to give you a heads up about what is on the way my last post was about my visit to Trailhead Brewing Company in a suburb of Saint Louis, it was my thirteenth stop. Before I got back to Des Moines I made it to another nineteen breweries in five more states. Those include everything from the behemoth Miller and Anheuser-Busch facilities in Milwaukee and Saint Louis to tiny brewpubs in Champaign, Illinois and Saint Paul, MN. City breweries and rural breweries are represented. Those who contract out their brewing to other breweries, and some who brew by contract for others. The large, the small, the new the old, pretty much every type of brewery you can imagine.

I’m also going to be splitting up posts about the beer trip with posts about various other beer related topics. It’s going to be a hybrid between how the blog began back in July and how it was with posts about my beer trip.

Watch closely for new posts, they should be going up daily from here on out. Please ask questions, leave comments, and let me know if there is anything you would really like to see discussed on here.

For now, Cheers!

1 comment: