Sunday, August 29, 2010

Beer Style Poster


I haven’t posted too many links as of yet, but this one is worth it. It comes to us via the website PopChartLab.com. The site must be pretty darn new because as of yet there are only two items available. It looks like they’re going to be offering T-shirts in the future, but just the two posters for now.

The first is a “grand taxonomy of rap names.” Although it has absolutely nothing to do with beer, it is still mildly interesting. I imagine that if I listened to rap it would be significantly more alluring to me.

The other item they have up for sale is a poster under the title of “The Very Many Varieties of Beer.” The poster is a foot and a half by two feet tall and features a beer glass prominently in the middle. The meat of the poster is the cloud chart of different styles of beer.

The first division is obviously between ales and lagers. Then it breaks further into sub-categories such as going from AlePale AleIndia Pale AleDouble IPA. Then when it gets to the terminating style it gives a couple examples of each. In the earlier example the beers they chose were Dogfish Head’s 120 Minute IPA, Flying Dog’s Double Dog Double Pale Ale, and a beer I’ve mentioned a few times, Brew Dog’s extremely high-proof beer, Sink the Bismarck.

It could be a handy poster for anyone who is just getting acquainted with the world of beer, or just something neat for anyone who appreciates beer. The price of $25 isn’t too bad for a big poster, but I’m a pretty cheap guy, so I’m usually not a good judge of stuff like that. Regardless of that though, I want one. Feel free to buy one for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment