Friday, August 20, 2010

The Beer Ice Cream Legacy Continues...

Nope, I wasn’t lying and I have Amy Hendrickson to back me up as proof!

A few weeks ago I put up a series of posts about beer ice cream. My first attempt, an embarrassment to desserts all over the world. My second, a near, but not complete, failure.

On try number three I finally got it right. I posted the recipe for my beer ice cream using Stonecutter Stout from Raccoon River Brewing in Des Moines, IA and apparently, people have been trying it out.

The first person to try it out is the aforementioned Amy Hendrickson. Obviously, the beer I got from a brewpub in Des Moines wasn’t available to her so instead she used a chocolate stout from Bison brewing out of Berkeley, CA.



She also used brown sugar instead of white sugar and said it “added a little more color along with a delicious delicious brown sugar flavor.”

So my thanks to Amy for trying out the ice cream recipe. If you try the recipe or have any other beer recipes let me know how it works out!

Oh, and all these pictures? They’re Amy and her boyfriend enjoying the beer ice cream they made together.

2 comments: